cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I do this? (Upload 600GB from old Mac, accessible for all family on new devices)

How do I do this? (Upload 600GB from old Mac, accessible for all family on new devices)

MoRunner
New member | Level 2

Hi - I have about 600GB of family photos/videos on an old desktop (1TB) Mac. We now all have MacBook Airs or Windows laptops. I want to upload ALL the family photo's from the Mac, into DropBox to then 'share' them with the family (so we can all see them). But none of us work off the old Mac anymore. Also, none of our new laptops have 600GB of memory - so we don't want the photo's downloaded locally. Ideally, the photos stay in the cloud and we can see/access those we want from our own accounts/devices (but the 600GB remain safely in the cloud)....
How do I do this?

1 Reply 1

Re: How do I do this? (Upload 600GB from old Mac, accessible for all family on new devices)

Rich
Super User II

@MoRunner wrote:

I want to upload ALL the family photo's from the Mac, into DropBox to then 'share' them with the family (so we can all see them).  ... Ideally, the photos stay in the cloud and we can see/access those we want ...

Upload the photos to a folder in your Dropbox account, then create a shared link to the folder. Anyone with the link will be able to view or download the files within the folder, even without a Dropbox account. This is a view-only method of sharing.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?