cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find a link copied to a clipboard for sharing?

Elizabeth H.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chebert526
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What they are saying is: Dropbox will automatically send that Link to your computer's Clipboard.  So, it's the same as if Dropbox: 1) gave you a Link, and then 2) you highlighted it and 3) you Copied it.  Dropbox is essentially just saving you the step of highlighting the Link and Copying it; they already automatically "Copied" it to your Clipboard/computer.  Now, all you have to do is go wherever you want, and hit Paste, and the Download Link will be Pasted.  (Just try it real quick: go in a Word document or your email, and hit Paste: it should Paste a Dropbox Link).

Hope this helps,
C.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Its your standard clipboard Elizabeth.

So, if you 'paste' in to an application it should be there. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

FORKnBAD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So ok rephrase, where is my standard clipboard ?

chebert526
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What they are saying is: Dropbox will automatically send that Link to your computer's Clipboard.  So, it's the same as if Dropbox: 1) gave you a Link, and then 2) you highlighted it and 3) you Copied it.  Dropbox is essentially just saving you the step of highlighting the Link and Copying it; they already automatically "Copied" it to your Clipboard/computer.  Now, all you have to do is go wherever you want, and hit Paste, and the Download Link will be Pasted.  (Just try it real quick: go in a Word document or your email, and hit Paste: it should Paste a Dropbox Link).

Hope this helps,
C.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chebert526 New member | Level 2
    FORKnBAD New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?