cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I move photos from Dropbox to Google photos.

How do I move photos from Dropbox to Google photos.

GillEd17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do i download photo’s from my Dropbox account to my IPad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @GillEd17, how are you today?

As the mobile app doesn't actually sync your files to your iPad since it's a file viewer that allows you to preview the files, photos, and videos in your Dropbox folder directly on your mobile device and  unlike the Dropbox computer application it doesn't automatically store files locally on your device you'll need to export them.

You can export photos or videos to your device’s “Camera Roll” album. Other files can be exported to applications that support their file types. To export a photo or video to your device:

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”
  • Tap “Save Image” (or “Save Video”) to save this file locally to your device

If you'd like to export other files:

• Open the file you’d like to export in the Dropbox app
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”. You will now see two rows of apps.
  • In the lower row, tap “Open In…” - this will show you a list of apps to export this file to. If you don’t see any apps indicated, you will need to download an app that supports this filetype.

Please note that exporting a file saves a copy of the file to another app. Exported files will not sync with your Dropbox account.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @GillEd17, how are you today?

As the mobile app doesn't actually sync your files to your iPad since it's a file viewer that allows you to preview the files, photos, and videos in your Dropbox folder directly on your mobile device and  unlike the Dropbox computer application it doesn't automatically store files locally on your device you'll need to export them.

You can export photos or videos to your device’s “Camera Roll” album. Other files can be exported to applications that support their file types. To export a photo or video to your device:

• Open the Dropbox app and open the photo or video that you would like to export
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”
  • Tap “Save Image” (or “Save Video”) to save this file locally to your device

If you'd like to export other files:

• Open the file you’d like to export in the Dropbox app
  • Tap the ellipsis (..) on the top-right and select “Export”. You will now see two rows of apps.
  • In the lower row, tap “Open In…” - this will show you a list of apps to export this file to. If you don’t see any apps indicated, you will need to download an app that supports this filetype.

Please note that exporting a file saves a copy of the file to another app. Exported files will not sync with your Dropbox account.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Shaun S.10
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It is a lot easier if you have a desktop or laptop computer. Install the google photos uploader. Open the google photos uploader sync folder and drag your dropbox images into this folder. This is how you transfer pictures from dropbox to google photos.

GillEd17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you so much. It worked and i am sorted!!!

GillEd17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you. Unfortunately I only have an IPad now.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?