cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print all the comments on a file?

How do I print all the comments on a file?

nicholaso
Explorer | Level 4

My boss has left a whole bunch of detailed comments on a PDF file i have saved on Dropbox.   I can *see* all the comments fine in my web browser (Chrome), but i want to *print* all the comments so I can read them and consider each of them properly.   How do I do that?   When I'm on the webpage, I can choose 'print', there doesn't seem to be an option to print the comments, just the document.   Thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

Re: How do I print all the comments on a file?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @nicholaso, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Have you tried printing out the whole page from the website? 

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nicholaso
Explorer | Level 4

Yes I have - it prints shorter versions of the comments, 3 lines max, with the ends cut off.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @nicholaso!

Just to confirm, do those comments appear like that when viewing them on the website too before printing?

Or do you see the full comment shown on the website and they appear shortened only in the printed version?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mitviz
New member | Level 2
Has this feature been updated and Dropbox can print all comments along with images for a shared folder? I am going to start premium but this would be really useful

nicholaso
Explorer | Level 4
As mentioned, yes I can *see* all the comments fine in my web browser (Chrome). Just printing is the issue.

Vince M.3
Explorer | Level 4

I read all of the comments in the Forum and still cannot get all comments to print in full.  I tried printing from my PC desktop and the Dropbox web browser and only prints one page and only 3 lines of each comment, which misses several other comments and paragraphs.   Please fix and enhance this basic feature as it's very useful.  We're not talking about re-designing Dropbox, but allowing ALL full comments to be printed along with the accompanying file - not rocket science.  In my case I'm commenting on architectural drawings.

-VM

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vince M.3 Explorer | Level 4
    nicholaso Explorer | Level 4
    mitviz New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?