cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I save Microsoft Outlook emails and folders to Dropbox?

How do I save Microsoft Outlook emails and folders to Dropbox?

Miles T.2
New member | Level 1

I am trying to figure out an easy way to save my Microsoft Outlook emails and folders to Dropbox. Is there an easy way to do it?

22 Replies 22

Alan M.8
New member | Level 2

Rich - the eval is free and if it works for Lynette...  There simply isn't a good way to do this with Native Dropbox - it is hardly advertising and it is specifically to keep that email on dropbox which I would have thought you'd welcome..  

Bill S.27
Explorer | Level 3

Rich I tried what you suggested above but couldn't send or receive.

I closed Outlook, moved the Outlook directory to DropBox.  Opened Outlook and directed it to the new location.  My email folders opened fine.  But I got a send and receive error.  I opened the account settings and everything looked fine.  I closed Outlook and moved the folder back.  Directed Outlook back to the original location and everything worked fine.

I'm using Windows 7 and Office 16.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Mark
Super User II

Suggest you speak to Microsoft Bill as to how to move Outlook folders as that should work - it could be that its also looking for things like archive or address files. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sam C.23
New member | Level 1

How do i transfer/backup archived outlook (on hard drive) emails/folders to dropbox?

Sam C.23
New member | Level 1

PS I'm using windows 10

Mark
Super User II

You need to google where your email folders are stored and put them in the Dropbox folder to let them sync - and possibly also tell Outlook where they are. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

John F.84
New member | Level 1

As almost all citizens, here and elsewhere, I have a g-mail account. How can I save my email om dropbox? TYIA.

Mark
Super User II

You cant download them all - gmail is a web based platform it isnt designed to work on a computer. 

You may be able to download individual emails, however, but you'd need to ask Google how to download / save them and then put each one inside Dropbox

Amora
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Please have a look at the Repstor integration for Dropbox, this might solve your problem.

Cheers,

KW3
New member | Level 2

I need to send some large local files in Outlook to Dropbox, but when I click and drag the files from Outlook to Dropbox it doesn't work.  Any ideas how I can attach these files/folders to Dropbox please?

Need more support?