cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync

Sync

yvesdanielaust
Explorer | Level 3

I need help trying to stop my Dropbox App synciing my document files to Drop Box. I started a free trial accidently and Dropbox took all my document files and started syncing. I canceled the free trial but stil syncing. I stopped syncing from teh Drop box App but still syncing my files to Drop box. I cannot see any of my files in my documents folder where they where originally.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @yvesdanielaust, if you have the computer backup enabled, could you try disabling it via the app and move the folders back to their default locations?

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yvesdanielaust
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay

Thanks for your support. I did disable Dropbox Sync feature with no success. As seen in the Windows notification area ( Dropbox Icon) Sync is still occurring. I have it paused indefinietly at the moment as I do not want my files sync to My PC (Desktop) folder. All my files where in my documents folder on my PC. Now they have moved to a virtual space ( not sure if this is the correct description) called My PC (DeskTop) so do not have access to my documents from their usual folder ( Documents). So really not sure what is happeneing, where my documents are or what to do to stop sync of documents into My PC (desktop). I just want my documents back to where they where originally before Dropbox entered on the scene until I fully understadn the ins and outs of Drop Box.  Apprecaite your support 

Jay
Dropboxer

@yvesdanielaust, if the computer backup is disabled, then it might still be trying to sync because the files weren't moved back to their default locations.

Could you try manually moving the files away from the Dropbox folder to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

how to change the default file location from dropbox back to the desktop.

linak
New member | Level 2

Can you help me how to change the default file location from dropbox back to the desktop. I dont want to use Dropbox any longer, I uninstalled it but all new files and folders are created on C:\Users\Home\Dropbox\My PC .   Changing default location on File Explorer does not help. Need your help..   (This is probably I tried to use Dropbox paper, but I dont want to use it anymore) Many thanks in advance. Lina

How do I unsync my computer from Dropb0x?

errol1
New member | Level 2

I am a new user and just set up my account. I was asked sync my computer with Dropbox and didn't know that all my files would be uploaded to Dropbox. I didn't intend that. Then I learned that, if I delete a file from Dropbox, it will be deleted from my computer. I don't want that. How do I unsync my computer so I can delete files from Drobox without deleting then from my computer? It would be easier if I could do this in one step. I created my Dropbox account so I could share one MP4 file with two other people.

Re: how to change the default file location from dropbox back to the desktop.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @linak and @errol1, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I moved your posts here, where others users have had a similar issue. 

It sounds like you're using computer backup, in which case, you can check out this article for more info on how to turn it off and move the files back to their original locations. 

Have a look through and let us know if you have any trouble along the way. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

yvesdanielaust
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jay

Well what do you know. This has seemed to work and files back in order and Syncing only what I have in Drop Box account. Thank you so much!

Yves

Jay
Dropboxer

Glad to hear that it's back to normal now, @yvesdanielaust. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

LUSIL

TAXPREP
Explorer | Level 3

LUSIL, HELP HELP , THANKS FOR REPLY, I do not know how to get back to you. I need more help than Turning OFF computer backup. I WANT to totally remove Dropbox from computer. It also looks like that Dropbox has sent some kind of sysbol on all my Shortcuts?? I do not want to do I guess what the purpose of DropBox is. GO back to a NON-DropBox PC. HELP HELP

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?