cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I transfer a file from Dropbox to iBooks when there is no option for iBooks?

How do I transfer a file from Dropbox to iBooks when there is no option for iBooks?

Deb152
Helpful | Level 5

I have latest version of Dropbox and latest version of iOS.  There is no option even under "more" so that I can export from Dropbox to iBooks 

6 Replies 6

Elixir
Super User

Open the file in Dropbox app > tap the (...) for options > choose export > there you should see Books app (or be able to set from More).

Deb152
Helpful | Level 5

That's what I've been trying to solve...there is no option under "more".  Any other places I should look to add the destination? Any other settings?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @Deb152, thanks for joining the Community!

Are you able to do so more any other app on your mobile device?

Could you try doing so via the iOS Files app, when navigating the Dropbox location there?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Deb152
Helpful | Level 5

I've tried files, file sharing...everything anyone has suggested here or in the Apple community too.  iBooks does show up for some things but not for Dropbox...not under "more" . I've looked for ways to edit that list too but iBooks isn't offered on the selection.

Thanks for trying to help.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
The only possibility that I can think of is that the ability to export from Dropbox to iBooks has been disabled by the developer itself.

You could try exporting to another app, and then see if that app allows you to export into iBooks.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MarcGiraudon
New member | Level 2

This is a typical Apple closed system issue.

solves in 5 secs by downloading a book reading app - I downloaded Bookreader for free - works fine.

Need more support?