cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

How do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

Geoffrey F.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer and delete them from my dropbox.com?

Can I move my pictures from my Dropbox app and then move these pictures to one of my desktop hard drives?

Simple and easy to follow answer please!

This task should be very easy, but it seems quite a hard thing to do from within Dropbox!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Geoffrey F.

@Geoffrey F. wrote:

How do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer 

One way that you can do this is to directly download from the website:
  1. Sign in via the website.
  2. Click on the Files tab.
  3. Hover over the file you’d like to download and tick the box that appears on the left-hand side of it. You can also mark more than one file to download in the same manner. 
  4. Click on Download that appears as an option on the right-hand side of your screen.
The other option is through the desktop app, should you have it installed. Please bear in mind that the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, but with syncing capabilities. In other words, you can copy-paste your photos to another folder on your computer just like you would with any other file on your desktop.

@Geoffrey F. wrote:

delete them from my dropbox.com? 

If you no longer need a file or folder, you can delete it from your Dropbox account via the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app. You can also recover deleted files or folders up to 30 days (or 120 if you have a Professional or Business account) after a file is deleted.

To do this from the website:
  1. Click on the… (ellipsis) that’s next to the file’s name.
  2. Click Delete.
To delete a file from your mobile app, please check out this article which provides relevant steps depending on your OS. 

If you’re trying to do this from your desktop app, please note that, since your Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, deleting a file should be like deleting any other file on your device. 

I hope this helped. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you’d like something to be further clarified. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Geoffrey F.

@Geoffrey F. wrote:

How do I transfer photos from dropbox to my computer 

One way that you can do this is to directly download from the website:
  1. Sign in via the website.
  2. Click on the Files tab.
  3. Hover over the file you’d like to download and tick the box that appears on the left-hand side of it. You can also mark more than one file to download in the same manner. 
  4. Click on Download that appears as an option on the right-hand side of your screen.
The other option is through the desktop app, should you have it installed. Please bear in mind that the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, but with syncing capabilities. In other words, you can copy-paste your photos to another folder on your computer just like you would with any other file on your desktop.

@Geoffrey F. wrote:

delete them from my dropbox.com? 

If you no longer need a file or folder, you can delete it from your Dropbox account via the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app. You can also recover deleted files or folders up to 30 days (or 120 if you have a Professional or Business account) after a file is deleted.

To do this from the website:
  1. Click on the… (ellipsis) that’s next to the file’s name.
  2. Click Delete.
To delete a file from your mobile app, please check out this article which provides relevant steps depending on your OS. 

If you’re trying to do this from your desktop app, please note that, since your Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, deleting a file should be like deleting any other file on your device. 

I hope this helped. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you’d like something to be further clarified. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Geoffrey F.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ah, many thanks for your help, I really appriciate it!

Thanks again

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No problem, @Geoffrey F.! If you have any other questions, just give us a shout. 

In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead! :relieved:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Sailor Sue
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi I tried this and it worked, however it was much easier the old way by having everything downloaded to my computer at once! I had to download each photo one by one and then delete it, otherwise it would have zipped them and that takes even more time.

Thanks anyway

Sue

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sailor Sue Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Geoffrey F. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?