cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people use Dropbox? Online or another way

How do people use Dropbox? Online or another way

CHRISSIGWEST
Explorer | Level 4

Hello

What is the preferred method that people use on here.

Online webiste?

or

Download the app?

Is one better than the other

thanks

chris

4 Replies 4

Re: How do people use Dropbox? Online or another way

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @CHRISSIGWEST, thanks for messaging the Community!

There are different ways of using Dropbox. In general, as it is primarily a service to sync files from one device to another, the Dropbox desktop application is used. 

Files in the Dropbox folder can be added, edited and deleted, which will then sync to the site and other devices.

Using the site only is also possible, for users who don't have admin permissions to install the app, or just need to access files from the site when they're on another computer without Dropbox. Files changed on the site would also sync to other syncing devices.

There is also the mobile app for viewing files on your account and editing them too, as well as automatic camera uploads.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CHRISSIGWEST
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Jay

I will share this with my boss. The files in our DropBox desk top version used to sync up great. Something has happened to it because now nothing syncs up

take care

chris

Jay
Dropboxer
If you hover over the Dropbox icon in the menu bar or system tray, it should give you a message to see if the files are updated, syncing, or if something else is occurring.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CHRISSIGWEST
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Jay

I will try that

I checked one of our 6 computers and there was one of them that recognized the updated files that I had added in my attempt to do a test to make sure that it wasn't my computer/files that were being compromised.

chris

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CHRISSIGWEST Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?