cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we get rid of the persistent "Dropbox family is here!"advert in my Dropbox client?

Highlighted

How do we get rid of the persistent "Dropbox family is here!"advert in my Dropbox client?

New member | Level 2

I pay £100 a year for my personal account, and the company I work for also pays a substantial amount for a business account for me.

How do I get rid of these persistent "pay us more" adverts? It's irritating for me, but for one of our team members it's an emotionally sensitive issue, and there's no way to get rid of it that we can see. Help!

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 15.35.41.png

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Re: How do we get rid of the persistent "Dropbox family is here!"advert in my Dropbox client?

Dropboxer

Hi @_h, thanks for messaging the Community!

Can you try clicking the notification to see if this removes the prompt after it loads the webpage? Does right-clicking it provide any additional options?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: How do we get rid of the persistent "Dropbox family is here!"advert in my Dropbox clie

Helpful | Level 6

I put in a complaint via tech support asking this same question - I pay for this, why is there a permanent ad on my UI?

Clicking on it does nothing to get rid of it, there are no right-click options, and tech support said there's no way to get rid of it. Ridiculous. I am significantly less likely to purchase a product whose reminder will never go away.

Highlighted

Re: How do we get rid of the persistent "Dropbox family is here!"advert in my Dropbox clie

New member | Level 2

I would also like to know, it feels like a bug, because when I click the banner, it goes away and immediately pops back up.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @lucasfigueiredo, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Out of curiosity, when you hover over or click on the notification, does it prompt you with an option to close it, like a small X

Keep us posted!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Lusil There is no "x". The only difference when hovering is the shade of blue of the area, see attached photos (with filenames removed).

Without hover:

Without Hover.png

With hover:

With Hover.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know, @JB31

Did you also try rebooting the device?

How about stopping the desktop app from running, and then manually relaunching it from your applications menu? 

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Lusil Unfortunately neither option worked, on my desktop or laptop.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Could you also try a simple reinstall of the desktop app? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@Lusil I tried reinstalling, unfortunately it didn't help.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?