cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop desktop backup?

Highlighted

How do you stop desktop backup?

New member | Level 2

I have downloaded the desktop app and accidentally selected for it to backup the Documents.

Now I cannot turn the **bleep** thing off. I have unlinked it, removed the app several times and cut and paste the data back to where I need it. Now I am fed up and will remove it and cancel the membership permanently to stop it syncing each time.

Poor form Dropbox. If I could speak to an actual human this would be a much better experience. 

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: How do you stop desktop backup?

Dropboxer

Hi @relleomt; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear you're having issues after accidentally enabling the computer backup feature. 

You can find all the information you need on how to disable the backup feature in the relevant Help Center article.

Could you take a look there and let me know if you have any follow up questions?

Thanks!

PS: For more information on your support entitlements, please take a look at this Help Center article

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: How do you stop desktop backup?

New member | Level 2

Many thanks for your reply Walter. I have read that, and followed to another page for more instructions, and there was something I did not understand on that page which I would have had to have done a further search on to figure out, at which point I gave up. I'm done, but thank you. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?