cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I know Transfer is still beta, but is there a way to turn off notifications for it?  I get an email and a badge on the dropbox menubar icon every time a file is downloaded.

32 Replies 32

antico
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Happen to me the same!
Please Dropbox Transfer, get this featrure!

Kleutput
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey

Updating the feed a bit. I'm using Dropbox Transfer because it's very very useful, no need to use other softwares or products but getting an email for each transfer becomes annoying. To have it only as notifications in the dropbox app should be enough.

Please Dropbox work on this ! 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for nudging us on this thread, @Kleutput, and for sharing your thoughts with us. 

I just wanted to mention that you can have a look at this thread, where other users have expressed their interest in having more control over these notifications. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Davidgo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Was this ever resolved? I see the post is dated October 2019 and haven't been able to find a solution for this.

Anthony Cook
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil

It seems it still is not possible to turn off dropbox transfer notifications? They are very annoying. Please can you look into this and advise?

Cheers

Anthony

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Anthony Cook, thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to be jumping in here.

It's true that there has been no change on this recently, so I'd suggest upvoting the relevant idea to show your interest.

Let us know if you have anything else to ask or add in the meantime, Anthony!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jackcolebailey7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This would be a huge improvement if this can be achieved!

tako33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Went to give a vote for the other thread. It's crazy that it's been so long and we still can't turn off notifications and badge counter for downloads. Good god. 

PR8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am also requesting that DropBox create a feature that allows us to turn on an off the option for notifications to show up as red numbers in the DropBox icon at the top of the screen. I need to see if DropBox is syncing and the red numbers obscure it. You can see the sync mini icon at the same time as the red number is showing.

DropBox Notifications In Icon.png

In addition, create a feature to allow us to turn on and off the option to receive email notifications for every action we take in DropBox. 

 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @PR8, you can request this feature by posting on the Ideas board for other users to vote on.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?