cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I know Transfer is still beta, but is there a way to turn off notifications for it?  I get an email and a badge on the dropbox menubar icon every time a file is downloaded.

32 Replies 32

Oliver S.4
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there made an option to disable the notification in between? 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Oliver S.4, thanks for checking in with us! 

Although there isn't currently an option, you can post on our Share an idea where other like-minded users can comment and upvote. 

Hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jweather
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Like the idea of Transfer, but there's too many steps and too much noise.  My ideal solution would involve right-clicking a file and selecting "Copy link to Dropbox Transfer".  No wizards, no dialogs, just a link on my clipboard.  I don't want any tray popups, badges, or e-mails about it being downloaded (or not downloaded/expiring).  It's great that I can check its status on the website, and that's all I need.

strixdigital444
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I completely agree! Please add a function to disable transfer notificiations. It's too much.

Thanks!

transfer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I can add too the dicussion for the development team. The number of 'claimed' downloads (and thus messages). Can not be correct. I'm getting loads of download messages for the same file when it's send to only one person. Might be something to look into.

Jasper

mlm1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Use email filters to effectively do the same thing.  I have mine set up to just automatically mark as read and filter into their own folder so they bypass my inbox.  Lots of tools to manage things you don't have direct control over :).  

Canati
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is really annoying. I have to say, even just a month ago I loved Dropbox and would never think of cancelling my account and going for another service.  Now though, I'm reconsidering. There's just too many small annoyances with Dropbox these days, like the ridiclous state of the mobile apps, the Mac app not having the patience to wait for the OS to unlock a drive, files with "illegal" letters simply not downloading with no warning, the app needing a sync restart to even see new files, etc.

Not sure what happend to the Dropbox of yersteryear, but it seems the current dev team is in over their head and just adding features without the polish needed to make it a smooth experience. That doesn't result in a product worth the current asking price.

Elcovb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Gee, this still hasn't been fixed while it is one of the most annoying things of Dropbox Transfer. Is it so hard to program a button that disables getting dozens of emails from Dropbox?

Btw, the alternative is just to mark them as spam.

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

They did add an option to disable emails when someone downloads, which does help some... but you have to manually enable it everytime you create a transfer.  which is annoyying.  I should be able to set it to default off.

I also still get summary emails of each transfer and when its about to expire.

riaskaya
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

PRETTY PLEASE SOMEONE FINALLY PAY ATTENTION UP THERE IN DROPBOX LAND! Constant interruptions with these notifications. We actually decided to get rid of our Hightail account since Transfer is so much easier to use. So, from one POV it's adding so much value to the Dripbox service, but from another POV it's just seriously faulty.

Why is there no option to simply decline being inundated with popups AND emails??? Doesn't seem like too much to ask for. Frankly, I am guessing most people would be pretty happy if you just nixed at least one – forget the option if that's too much for dev. Pick emails or notifications, but for the sake of sanity not BOTH! 

THANK YOU WONDERFUL DROPBOX PEOPLE! 😊 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Marlom New member | Level 2
    ianrobbo10 New member | Level 2
    pk_nyc Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    PR8 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?