cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How does one determine whether a file is "online only" or "local"? (Screensh

Highlighted

How does one determine whether a file is "online only" or "local"? (Screenshot included)

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

How does one determine whether a file is "online only" or "local"? In the app, I get the following - I would expect a checkmark or something next to the "Local" or "Online only" choice.Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 10.37.27 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How does one determine whether a file is "online only" or "local"? (Screensh

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

My primary problem seemed to be on my laptop - but now I am seeing the checkmark as expected (on either "local" or "online only"), AND I see an icon in the finder.

I think my laptop may have been "re-synching" after a sytem upgrade, and now all is well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @John M.51 - welcome to our Community!

To be honest, there should be an icon next to both of those options. Have you rebooted your computer since you first noticed this John?

If you do and this persists, please send me the app's exact status as shown within your menu bar so I can have a better look into this. 

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

My primary problem seemed to be on my laptop - but now I am seeing the checkmark as expected (on either "local" or "online only"), AND I see an icon in the finder.

I think my laptop may have been "re-synching" after a sytem upgrade, and now all is well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop John. I am glad this is now sorted and -from what it seems- you're syncing normally again 

Feel free to reach out should a question come up; we're always a post away  

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?