cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How many people can use an individual plan?

How many people can use an individual plan?

astrano
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning. Single user plan means that only one user can use the same accont in many computers or device or what? TK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@astrano wrote:

Good morning. Single user plan means that only one user can use the same accont in many computers or device or what? TK

Dropbox Basic, Plus and Professional accounts are intended for a single user, allowing them to sync multiple devices. While it's possible for more than one person to share an individual account, it's a security risk to do so. Anyone with access to the account can take it over for themselves.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@astrano wrote:

Dropbox Basic, Plus and Professional accounts are intended for a single user, allowing them to sync multiple devices. While it's possible for more than one person to share an individual account, it's a security risk to do so. Anyone with access to the account can take it over for themselves.

virajamipara
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone,

I am just new to DropBox and Replay and I have a query.

Say, I upgrade to DropBox plus plan for $12/month which also has Replay tool as add-on. With this I should be getting 2 TB of storage. Now if create a new project in Replay and then ask say 5 of my other team members to also create free accounts on DropBox - will I be able to share my 2 TB storage with them - allowing them basically to have unlimited number of uploads as long as everyone's upload total is within 2 TB? (currently, with everyone including me being on free plan - there is this message showing only 4 file uploads are available in Replay) OR even if I have 2 TB plan, my team members  also need to pay $12/month individually if they want to upload more than 2 GB (which they are allowed as part of free tier)?

Thanks for your response and support in advance.

Regards,

V

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @virajamipara, thanks for taking the time to post here.

When it comes to individual accounts, only the account holder can access the space provided.

If you were to share folders with your team and give them edit permissions, so they can add/edit/delete files, they'd need enough space to add the folders to their account.

So, as a workaround, you could send them 'can view' links, to access the folders and then file requests to upload files to your account.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?