cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How secure is Dropbox?

How secure is Dropbox?

New member | Level 2
I know in the past Dropbox has received a bad name in terms of its cyber security. I haven’t kept up with what has happened since the little slip up some time back. What’s been done to adiquetly protect users?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How secure is Dropbox?

Dropboxer
Hey there (@LKY99), while you can have a look at this resource that explains matters thoroughly, if you’re concerned in regards to account security matters, then I’d suggest having a look at the Account Security checkup tool, which is a flow that would let you validate & update your account information. This will allow you to update multiple facets of your account simultaneously such that it is accurate and current. These steps were previously available individually on your Account Page under the Security tab, but are now also combined for convenience.

Hopefully this addresses your initial concern, however please do let me know here if you have any additional questions or I’ve misunderstood your inquiry in any way!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dropboxer
Hey there (@LKY99), while you can have a look at this resource that explains matters thoroughly, if you’re concerned in regards to account security matters, then I’d suggest having a look at the Account Security checkup tool, which is a flow that would let you validate & update your account information. This will allow you to update multiple facets of your account simultaneously such that it is accurate and current. These steps were previously available individually on your Account Page under the Security tab, but are now also combined for convenience.

Hopefully this addresses your initial concern, however please do let me know here if you have any additional questions or I’ve misunderstood your inquiry in any way!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2
What is the security status of files stored on Dropbox today? Do you recommend that family financial, health or Social Security dics not be kept on Dropbox? Thanks.
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?