cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Access Download Link Using An Android Browser Not The APP?

How to Access Download Link Using An Android Browser Not The APP?

stringrazor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm trying to share some files with a friend who does not have a dropbox account. He lives in a rural area, has limited internet access through his Android mobile device, and does not want to install the app. How can he download from the shared folder link I sent to him via a browser on his phone without having to install the app?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Did you use a Shared Folder or a Share Link?

A shared folder requires a Dropbox account. If you just want to provide view and download access without the need for a Dropbox account, use a share link instead.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If the device supports it, there's a Direct Download option under the elipsis (three dots ... ) in the upper-right corner of the page.

stringrazor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When the GO TO FOLDER link is tapped from the email under Andriod, a page comes up saying YOU MUST INSTALL THE APP. There's no option for direct download under the elepsis. Perhaps if I shared each file individually rather than the folder they're in...?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Did you use a Shared Folder or a Share Link?

A shared folder requires a Dropbox account. If you just want to provide view and download access without the need for a Dropbox account, use a share link instead.

stringrazor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, emailing share links for the files individually worked and my friend was able to download them w/o installing anything. 

Need more support?