Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Display Which Files Are Currently Syncing

Eddi-Wan New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

When I mouse-over my system tray icon, I can see, for instance, "Uploading N files."  However, I can't find a way to display which files are currently in process.

Is there a way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Display Which Files Are Currently Syncing

Super User II
Super User II

Open your Dropbox folder and the ones syncing will have a spinning blue icon over the bottom right of the file icon

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Super User II
Super User II

Open your Dropbox folder and the ones syncing will have a spinning blue icon over the bottom right of the file icon

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thank you.

I understand that if I locate the right file in my dropbox folder, I can use the icon.  However, I have over 900 folders and nearly 25k files in Dropbox, so trying to find the syncing files individually isn't really feasible.

Is there any way to get Dropbox to be more specific than just a count of files updating?  For instance, if I remember correctly, in Carbonite, the status simply shows how many files it's backing up, but if you ask, it will display the file names as it backs them up.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

The only way to do it is as I said I'm afraid. Theres no other way to narrow things down

- - -

New member | Level 2

Thanks again.  I learned some time back that if I get an accurate answer to a question, I don't have to like the answer for it to be a good answer.  

Looks like the only option is to ask Dropbox to stick it the development queue and hope for the best.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?