cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Transfer Dropbox to D Drive of new computer

How to Transfer Dropbox to D Drive of new computer

MJP-Arlington
Explorer | Level 4

I have been using dropbox for a long time and have Dropbox+ 2TB account.   I have a new computer and installed the new Dropbox folder on my C drive instead of my D drive. How do I move dropbox totally to my D drive without messing up any of my data files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@MJP-Arlington wrote:

How do I move dropbox totally to my D drive without messing up any of my data files?

Use the option in Dropbox Preferences to relocate the folder to another location. I would highly suggest NOT storing the Dropbox folder on an external or removable drive. Under the right conditions, data loss can occur.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@MJP-Arlington wrote:

How do I move dropbox totally to my D drive without messing up any of my data files?

Use the option in Dropbox Preferences to relocate the folder to another location. I would highly suggest NOT storing the Dropbox folder on an external or removable drive. Under the right conditions, data loss can occur.

View solution in original post

MJP-Arlington
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you. I was able to copy my Dropbox files over to my new computer. I was also able to back my files.
Need more support?