cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Transfer Dropbox to D Drive of new computer

How to Transfer Dropbox to D Drive of new computer

MJP-Arlington
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been using dropbox for a long time and have Dropbox+ 2TB account.   I have a new computer and installed the new Dropbox folder on my C drive instead of my D drive. How do I move dropbox totally to my D drive without messing up any of my data files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MJP-Arlington wrote:

How do I move dropbox totally to my D drive without messing up any of my data files?

Use the option in Dropbox Preferences to relocate the folder to another location. I would highly suggest NOT storing the Dropbox folder on an external or removable drive. Under the right conditions, data loss can occur.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MJP-Arlington wrote:

How do I move dropbox totally to my D drive without messing up any of my data files?

Use the option in Dropbox Preferences to relocate the folder to another location. I would highly suggest NOT storing the Dropbox folder on an external or removable drive. Under the right conditions, data loss can occur.

MJP-Arlington
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you. I was able to copy my Dropbox files over to my new computer. I was also able to back my files.

peterbells
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there a way for me to tell Dropbox to install itself on my D drive?  I have a C drive but it is very low on memory and Dropbox wants to use that drive.  Thank you.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You cannot install the software on other drives, but, you can move the Dropbox folder via the advanced installation option. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    peterbells New member | Level 2
    MJP-Arlington Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?