cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to UNDO "Save to Dropbox"

Molly_123
New member | Level 2

I opened a colleague's link to a large folder on my Dropbox, and I clicked "Save to Dropbox". I want to get rid of it (completely, as if I had just never saved it) without changing the initial files/folder/anything at all. Is this possible?!?!

I am scared to delete the folder I see in my Dropbox in case their files deletes too. My Dropbox space is full and I never need/use this folder, so I don't want it taking up space. I should be able to follow the link again (and not click "Save to Dropbox" again) if I ever need to re-access these files, right?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to UNDO "Save to Dropbox"

Rich
Super User II

@Molly_123 wrote:

I am scared to delete the folder I see in my Dropbox in case their files deletes too.

Just delete the folder. You saved a copy. Deleting it won't affect the original.

I should be able to follow the link again (and not click "Save to Dropbox" again) if I ever need to re-access these files, right?

Yes, as long as the link is still active and the files haven't been removed by the owner.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Molly_123 wrote:

I am scared to delete the folder I see in my Dropbox in case their files deletes too.

Just delete the folder. You saved a copy. Deleting it won't affect the original.

I should be able to follow the link again (and not click "Save to Dropbox" again) if I ever need to re-access these files, right?

Yes, as long as the link is still active and the files haven't been removed by the owner.

View solution in original post

Molly_123
New member | Level 2

THANK YOU.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Molly_123 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?