cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup files from external HD to Dropbox without duplicate files to comp?

How to backup files from external HD to Dropbox without duplicate files to comp?

studiomahat
New member | Level 2

Hi. I use Dropbox App to backup my external HD. It includes files, movies, IMG, and more. Unfortunately, I find out that the fils also in my comp local hard disc. I don't find any way how to switch off the local backup (:

Need your help pls....

5 Replies 5

Re: How to backup files from external HD to Dropbox without duplicate files to comp?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @studiomahat,

Once gets in sync, you can use Selective Sync to free up the spaces engaged for the "local backup" folder of your external hard drive.

Hope this helps to some extent.

Re: How to backup files from external HD to Dropbox without duplicate files to comp?

studiomahat
New member | Level 2
Hi you
Thanks
I did that now!
How do I remove it from my D server?
It's full now

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi,

@studiomahat wrote:
How do I remove it from my D server?

What you mean "D server"? 🤔 Here I'm supposing your Windows D partition, where your Dropbox folder resides on.

@studiomahat wrote:

I did that now!
It's full now

🤔🤔🤔 Are you sure everything gets done? If so, it shouldn't be full now! Take a look on Selective Sync again. 😉

Hope this gives the right directions.

Problom with my Drop at the laptop

studiomahat
New member | Level 2

Hi. I'm having a big problem with my Drop at the laptop...Pls help me.

Can't sync at all...

Re: Problom with my Drop at the laptop

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @studiomahat, sorry to hear about your syncing issue.

In order to look into this, could you please send us a screenshot of the app's status as shown in your menu bar/system tray?

Any additional information will be more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    studiomahat New member | Level 2
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?