cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate ALL folder sizes at once

How to calculate ALL folder sizes at once

Mary Ann B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How do I calculate the size of ALL folders at once?  I followed various instruction on this forum but none seem to work for me.  First, I have selected 'size' as one of my column headers.  Then, I select all the folders by selecting the first folder, and using the shift key, select thetpdropbox.JPG last folder.  However, at that point, my screen changes, the ellipses disapper and I can't find a way to 'calcuate size'.  See screenshot attached.  

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Mary Ann B. - I'd be happy to help.

Can you see an ellipsis button on the far right side of the page, underneath the preview pane? 

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Mary Ann B. - I'd be happy to help.

Can you see an ellipsis button on the far right side of the page, underneath the preview pane? 

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mary Ann B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Brilliant - that worked!  Thanks for your help.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Anytime, @Mary Ann B.

love-it.gif

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Mary Ann B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I closed Dropbox and just returned and the file sizes are gone. In addition, if I clicked on the ellipses, either on one folder or all folders, there is no option to calculate size.  What am I doing wrong now???

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this still @Mary Ann B.!

It may be that the cache was cleared when Dropbox was closed, which might cause the need to re-calculate the folder sizes.

Is it possible that the column changed from "Size" back to "Modified"? Or perhaps there is an individual file selected with the folders too?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Mary Ann B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You are an *excellent* diagnostician.   Both of those things contributed to my difficulty.  Thanks for your help.

Mary Ann B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

PS Tried to 'like' your response but got the red circle with slash through it.  😞

Mary Ann B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ah, got it.  I have to click on the hand and not the text.  The mysteries of cyberspace!  🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mary Ann B. Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?