cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to clear files from old offline PC

How to clear files from old offline PC

dorsetq
New member | Level 2

Hi.  I have an old PC which i want to give away.  When i was checking that it was clean of files, i found it is showing a load of dropbox files from when it was last used / online (Jun 2018). 

This old computer is offline and i cannot get it back online / have no desire to.  Can I just delete the dropbox files from this old PC (as i have said it is offline so i was assuming it couldnt affect my new pc) or will this somehow delete my latest files on my new PC (which are in many cases the same file name as exist on the older PC).  When I did try to clear the files on the old pc , it came up with some such warning about compromising files on other pcs and suggested a selective sync, although I assume i cant do that offline anyway?  So i'm a bit stuck....

Help please! 

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @dorsetq,

For offline machine there is no any chance to compromise the cloud data. :wink:

To be sure that incident network connection wouldn't make wrong things, better uninstall Dropbox application first.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @dorsetq,

For offline machine there is no any chance to compromise the cloud data. :wink:

To be sure that incident network connection wouldn't make wrong things, better uninstall Dropbox application first.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?