cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete and unwanted intrusive file

How to delete and unwanted intrusive file

Eyalhe
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

Recently (about a couple of weeks ago) I found in my Dropbox a new folder named PC. This folder contains various files and folders from my own PC. However, I did not download or attached it to the Dropbox and don’t know how it got there. In addition, I am not able to erase either the folder nor the files in it. Now, a much bigger problem is that it takes a lot of space that I need for other files in my Dropbox leaving me quite helpless in dealing with this problem. I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this matter by deleting the ‘PC’ folder.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Eyal

1 Reply 1

Re: How to delete and unwanted intrusive file

Elixir
Super User

Hello Eyal, looks like you have enabled the Dropbox backup feature. You can disable by going to Dropbox Preferences (click the Dropbox icon on the taskbar tray or menubar → Click the Profile Icon → Preferences). Then go to Backup tab, there you should be able to select which folder to backup or entirely disable. You should backup the contents of those backed up folders beforehand, as Dropbox might remove them from your computer once you uncheck them. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Elixir Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?