cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Camera Upload pop-up.

How to disable Camera Upload pop-up.

tedaeo
Explorer | Level 3

Every time I plug in my dvd drive to copy a DVD, "Camera Upload" pops up and I lose the file info that I am trying to copy.  I have checked "Never on this Device" dozens of times and restarted the computer but it still pops up.   

3 Replies 3

Re: How to disable Camera Upload pop-up.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @tedaeo, welcome to our Community!

Have you tried disabling camera uploads on your Dropbox desktop app, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tedaeo
Explorer | Level 3

I sent you a screenshot on Monday but Dropbox seemed to stop functioning so you didn't receive it.  

When I open Dropbox in my desktop tray I am automatically signed in and I have FILE, HOME, SHARE and VIEW.  There are no "preferences".  When I open Dropbox online and am signed in, I click my avatar and go to "SETTINGS" where I get 

• Plan
  • Security
  • Notifications
  • Connected apps
  • Default apps
  • Branding
  • Refer a friend

None of these have a "Preferences" way to disable Camera Upload.  Please advise.... Thanks.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @tedaeo, you're opening the setting on the Dropbox site, and not the Dropbox desktop application.

Please could you check that the desktop app is running and follow these steps to access the preferences page.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    tedaeo Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?