cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Synchronisation

Re: Can't remove folders

Explorer | Level 3

There are only 30 documents left in 'my files in dropwbox' while there used to be at least over a 1000.

So a huge amount of files are missing.

Re: Can't remove folders

Explorer | Level 3

Is there no possibility to call someone? 

All files are removed from my computer!!

Explorer | Level 3

I started this discussion earlier this week:

A while ago I downloaded the dropbox desktop and added some folders of my Mac (finder, desktop etc) which now can't be removed. Other files and folders I can still delete, just not these (in web & dekstop). 

Now my dropbox is full and I can't remove the unnecessary files. Hope you can help!

Then I followed these steps:

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-04 om 19.18.44.png

But now, all my files are removed from my computer and only a few that were in Dropbox are saved.

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-04 om 19.20.46.png

Please help me!

Re: permanent delete for this? How?

Dropboxer

Hey everyone, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

You should be able to move the files back to their original locations during the process of turning off computer backup.

Also, @Klingeman, could you confirm what the Dropbox icon (on your menu bar) shows when you hover over it?

PS. Your support options depend on the sort of account that you have, and you can find yours by going to this page.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Synchronisation

New member | Level 2

I downloaded the dropbox app and it immediately started to synchronise my whole pc until i had no room left. I deleted the folders on dropbox, it didnt ask me to delte them everywhere, but now on my pc all those folders is gone and it still won´t stop synchronising the rest so i stopped the synchronisation.

How can i stop dropbox from synchronising everything randomly, that i did not even choose to upload to dropbox, and is there any way to get those deleted files and programs back?

Re: Synchronisation

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @TwinRova,

The issue name is "Computer Backup" feature. :winking face: In such case, just turn it off. Take a look on part "Turn off computer backup" and in point 6 choose "Keep content in folders on this PC/Mac", not "Leave content in Dropbox". That's it. :slightly smiling face:

Hope this helps.

Accidentally integrated all my PC documents

New member | Level 2

I only use Dropbox for my work infromation. However, when I bought a new PC, I accidentally selected that ALL information must be inegrated and saved in my Dropbox. Now I am sitting with the problem that if I delete the information, it will all be lost. I want to remove this information from Dropbox, and only use Dropbox for my work items. I have no idea how to do this. I am now out of space, and I don't want to purchase more space as I don't need to use Dropbox for my personal things. I don't know how to resolve this issue. 

Re: Accidentally integrated all my PC documents

Super Collaborator | Level 20
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?