cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: email attachments

How to email attachments to my Dropbox account?

beegee49
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm trying to automatically send attachments from my Gmail account to my Dropbox account. I had the email address and verified it, there's a folder for email attachments in my Dropbox folder and I forwarded an email to the Dropbox email but I can't find it or the attachment anywhere. Someone told me I need a third-party app, but I doubt that and think I may have missed something simple. Appreciate some help please (I'm, using a mac if that helps).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beegee49
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jay

Worked it out now (I think) if I send it from Gmail on my apple email client it doesn't work, but if I send it from the webmail it does.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @beegee49, thanks for posting on the Community!

Are you referring to this app to email files to your Dropbox account?

Are you getting any error messages or other information?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

beegee49
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, yes that's the app, I've activated but I'm not seeing the Dropbox symbol in the bottom corner.

beegee49
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jay

Worked it out now (I think) if I send it from Gmail on my apple email client it doesn't work, but if I send it from the webmail it does.

Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear it's working now, let me know if you have any further queries in future!

Enjoy your week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CCNC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I follow your link to the app, it says "not allowed by your team, go to the admin console".  I am the admin and when I go to admin console, cannot find the "email to dropbox" app (or anything similar) on the app list.  Please point me in the right direction!

beegee49
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Not sure if I fully understand what you want but, If you go to your personal account settings and scroll down there's a setting under preferences "Email to my Dropbox" select "turn on" and you'll be given an email address quite long and odd-looking add that to your Gmail contacts and when you receive an email with an attachment forward it to that email address and the attachment should appear in an email attachments folder that will automatically be set up in your files. You'll find that this works from the web email but in my case, not the Apple email client. Hope this helps in some way.

CCNC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There is no such thing in my preferences/settings.  Previous commented linked to the "email to dropbox" app" that you have to connect.  My reply was meant for that commenter, noting that I cannot access that app.

pawlowski89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

"There is no such thing in my preferences/settings.  Previous commented linked to the "email to dropbox" app" that you have to connect.  My reply was meant for that commenter, noting that I cannot access that app."

same here. it worked for a few days but now i don't see the settings

Need more support?