cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to get Dropbox desktop to look like the folder?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I have two beginner's questions -- 

1. Dropbox desktop won't open automatically, though I have that option checked.

2. The tags in the Dropbox folder don't transfer to the Dropbox desktop experience... (And if this isn't possible, is there a way to get the folder with the tags to open automatically.?) 

Thanks!!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How to get Dropbox desktop to look like the folder?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @laxman1945, I’d happily clarify; thanks for posting us your questions here! 

In order to make sure I’m following-up with you correctly, can you clarify the following for me? 

• Have you enabled the new Dropbox desktop app or the option for the app to launch automatically whenever you start your computer?
  • Could you include a screenshot in your next message (omitting personal info) showing me the checked option?
  • If by tags you’re referring to the Mac OS tags, then these aren’t synced within Dropbox, however you can upvote this Idea if you’d like to see this feature in the future. 
I look forward to hearing back from you, so as to further advise. Thanks again!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?