Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a folder online only (Basic user)

don_johnson New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello! I am hopeful that someone here has a good suggestion for me. 

Several years ago, I was in a temporary leadership position, and from my personal account created a folder to be shared by a number of people. A couple years ago, we filled the position permanently, and I resumed my role as a normal team member. I am still the owner of this folder, and though my participation is very minimal, this folder is taking a large percentage of my allotted space.

Is there a way that I can have this folder be accessible to me only via the webpage, so that it is not taking my allotment? I still need access, so I cannot drop my connection entirely.

Thanks!

Don

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to make a folder online only (Basic user)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @don_johnson,

From what you mentioned, I'm assuming that you're referring to the folder taking space on your computer, is that right?

If so, then you can use selective sync to remove the folder from your computer and you can access it from the website instead.

I hope this helps - Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How to make a folder online only (Basic user)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @don_johnson,

From what you mentioned, I'm assuming that you're referring to the folder taking space on your computer, is that right?

If so, then you can use selective sync to remove the folder from your computer and you can access it from the website instead.

I hope this helps - Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?