cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to permanently disable confirmation prompt for file deletion on all devices

How to permanently disable confirmation prompt for file deletion on all devices

Simone11
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

we have dropbox api integrated to our application and recently we have started facing issues where our application cannot pull/delete data from dropbox folder unless we accept the confirmation promte d us. This has become annoying since we get the confirmation box each time we sync and delete data from a perticular folder. No luck even if we select option "Don't ask me again", the prompt appears again in sometime.

Please guide me through this so that we can permanently get rid of prompted option/confirmation box since this is giving lots of issues in our application

Please look into this as this is the priority since our clients are facing issue using the application.

12 Replies 12

MrBrillo
New member | Level 2

This is complete rubbish. There should be a simple mechanism that stops the prompt from constantly appearing "Apply to all" would solve the issue after the first dialog box. It's just common-sense and it follows common standards - Apple even do it!

Just fix it!

reil86
Explorer | Level 4

I can't believe this is still a problem. I deleted thousands of files now I have to click the prompt each time?! I don't even know how to cancel now!

wilkerlucio
Explorer | Level 3

Are you updated on Dropbox? I'm asking because I used to have this problem, but its been a while since I don't see the dialog.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wilkerlucio Explorer | Level 3
    reil86 Explorer | Level 4
    MrBrillo New member | Level 2
    robhfs Explorer | Level 4
    DrTeeter Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?