cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover deleted folder from 4 months ago?

How to recover deleted folder from 4 months ago?

Spikemasta
Explorer | Level 3

I just noticed a missing folder and i can see in my dropbox history it was deleted in May 2021. Is there any possible way to recover this? I can't tell if i sign up for Dropbox Rewind, that i may be able to recover it, but is there anyway to confirm this may be the case?

Please help if possible.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: How to recover deleted folder from 4 months ago?

keal5454
Explorer | Level 3
Recover files

If the file or folder is missing because it was moved, renamed, or deleted by you or someone you are sharing it with:

check out what is your plan. if you have Dropbox Professional and Business accounts you can easily recover in 4 month

Dropbox Rewind

This feature is only available to Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, and Business users. Learn how to upgrade your account

Dropbox Rewind is a tool that lets you take a folder or whole account back to a point in time.

It’s best for: 

• When a virus encrypts your files with ransomware
  • Accidental moves and deletions of a large number of files
you can use Contact support

If none of the above methods worked, you can contact support and we’ll do our best to help you find what you need. 

Take a screenshot and send Contact support. it might be help full.

Re: How to recover deleted folder from 4 months ago?

Spikemasta
Explorer | Level 3
So I can see the files in the file history which show they were deleted on May 29, 2021. It looks like I can do rewind on this folder on the website, but I’m only a basic user. But I’ll gladly upgrade if I could recover these files.

Is there anyway to confirm before upgrading if I would be able to recover them?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Spikemasta Explorer | Level 3
    keal5454 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?