cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore multiple moved files?

How to restore multiple moved files?

T-NAM
Explorer | Level 4

Hello There,

I have accidentally moved thousands of photo out of their sub folders into one parent folder, which isn't ideal to say the least. This was on a mac synced desktop. Its wasn't until a few days later I noticed my mistake. Obviously i don't want all these photos together and wish them to be back in the sub folders where they belong. On the browser version I can click on the ellipsis and click version history then restore one by one but i'll be dead by the time I manage to apply it to every image. Is there a way to restore multiple moved photos at once?

Thanks for your help.

6 Replies 6

Re: How to restore multiple moved files?

Mark
Super User II

Have a look at Dropbox Rewind: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/rewind 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @T-NAM, thanks for posting today! 

If you're on a paid plan, you can always use Dropbox Rewind. 

Can you check your plan on this page, and let me know? 

However, if you're the Basic plan, you would need to select all the files, and move them back to their original path. 

I hope this helps!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

T-NAM
Explorer | Level 4

Hello @Lori thanks for your reply,

I am on a Dropbox Business Advanced plan. Unfortunately I don't have the rewind feature, do you know if this should be part of my plan?

Thank you for your help.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @T-NAM, thanks for posting today! 

Yes, you should be able to see the Rewind feature.

Alternatively, since you're on a paid plan, you can always contact our Support team and discuss your case with them. 

They'll be able to help on their end with this.

Thanks!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

T-NAM
Explorer | Level 4

Hello @Lori 

I spoke to Support and transpires I am not admin and to use the Rewind feature I need to be. I'll speak to the IT guy and hopefully be up and running in no time.

Thanks again for your help

Lori
Dropboxer
No problem @T-NAM

If you need anything else, I'm here!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    T-NAM Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?