cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to stop Camera Uploads synching to laptop but keep everything else synching

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,  My phone syncs camera uploads from my phone to dropbox (which  I want), but I also synch files between my laptop and dropbox.  I would like to keep my camera uploads synching to dropbox  but not with my laptop.  But I would still like other synching - between my laptop and dropbox and between my phone and dropbox to work. If possible, it would be great to selectively turn off other folder synching between my laptop and dropbox as well.  I have an older laptop and it just cant handle all of the files coming its way.  I know how to get into the dropbox web app, but  could not figure out how to do this.  I would like to be careful so that when I delete these synched pictures on my laptop (that came from my phone through dropbox), that these don't also get removed from dropbox. Thank you for your help!  Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to stop Camera Uploads synching to laptop but keep everything else synching

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This worked!  Thank you very much.  I never would have found this.  I was looking all over my account on the web thinking more functionality would be there.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: How to stop Camera Uploads synching to laptop but keep everything else synching

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi!

please download the dropbox app, click on Icon > Prefererence > Sync > Selective Sync.

you should be able to unselect syncing camera uploads

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This worked!  Thank you very much.  I never would have found this.  I was looking all over my account on the web thinking more functionality would be there.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?