cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart sync - specific files still retained on local disk

rusticblonde
Helpful | Level 6
It’s clear Dropbox are doing absolutely nothing about this clear problem! Many people reporting it, and not one response apart from refer to x which doesn’t work! Shall I cancel and remove my files now? For something more reliable? As I now cannot do any work due to lack of disk space (1GB) and I’m losing business!

lukeyo
Super User

This section of the site 'help from the community' is where we try help each other out with issues and suggest improvements. If your install was not fixed by the update, please open a support ticket. 

I for one can't help anymore with this issue because the update dropbox made *did* fix the issue for me. Since I don't have the issue, I can't help out with any suggestions... we are beyond the scope of the forum now with this issue.

Apiento
Helpful | Level 6

Ah ok so no one from Dropbox reads this? Then this is a bit pointless and we need to find a product that works properly (and a company read their own forum and feedback when things aren't working properly). 

rusticblonde
Helpful | Level 6
Completely agreed! Seems useless if Dropbox don’t even refer to this as a port of call for problems. I’ve just received a response back where they clearly didn’t read my ticket at all! I will be looking for something else. Absolutely useless

lukeyo
Super User

Ah sorry no that's not what I meant. They do read here of course, but what I meant was that to troubleshoot issues, you'll do better with a support agent who is working with you directly.

rusticblonde
Helpful | Level 6
Well fair shout. So far they haven’t even read my issue, and sent me a load of tosh. So not holding out. Thank you anyways

juxta
Explorer | Level 4

I have this exact issue right now and it has halted my work completely. I'm stuck. 

I've run the update exactly as suggested and the offline files are completely filling up my HD.

Going to message dropbox now and if an immediate solution can't be found I'm going to move all my files onto google drive and cancel my subscription.

lukeyo
Super User

@juxta & @rusticblonde please do report back here once you have been assisted, I for one would like to know if it gets resolved.

Thanks!

Re: Mac storage full despite all fixes

Damiano Cerrone
Helpful | Level 5

Yep, not solved at all and with a 3TB folder our whole team based on Mac is stuck.

juxta
Explorer | Level 4

I'm actually sorted now. I just cleared the cache and that seemed to kick the update into effect! Would recommend everyone tries clearing the cache AFTER they do the update

Need more support?