cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transform a Folder into a Team Folder

How to transform a Folder into a Team Folder

kdominguez
New member | Level 2

- I have a folder "X" (not shared folder or team folder) that only I can access. 

- I can't add anyone to this folder - "This folder can only be shared as a link because it contains a shared folder"

- There are shared folders inside "X", each shared folder, shared with different people. People from subfolder X.1 shouldn't be able to see subfolder X.2 for example. 

My question is: can I transform the current folder X into a team folder? Because the team folder will give me the ability to share the main folder with the team members and still have shared folders inside it. 

I have multiple spreadsheets linked to each other in this folder, and I'm afraid creating a new folder and moving the sheets along would cause some problems with the formulas

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @kdominguez, thanks for using Dropbox and posting on our Community!

I'm afraid that you won't be able to turn this folder into a team folder with your current setup. 

You'll need to create a new team folder, copy or move the original folder's content, and then share it as needed. 

I would assume that your formulas could break in this case, so you may need to recreate them. 

I wish I had a better answer. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?