cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transform a Folder into a Team Folder

How to transform a Folder into a Team Folder

kdominguez
New member | Level 2

- I have a folder "X" (not shared folder or team folder) that only I can access. 

- I can't add anyone to this folder - "This folder can only be shared as a link because it contains a shared folder"

- There are shared folders inside "X", each shared folder, shared with different people. People from subfolder X.1 shouldn't be able to see subfolder X.2 for example. 

My question is: can I transform the current folder X into a team folder? Because the team folder will give me the ability to share the main folder with the team members and still have shared folders inside it. 

I have multiple spreadsheets linked to each other in this folder, and I'm afraid creating a new folder and moving the sheets along would cause some problems with the formulas

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

Re: How to transform a Folder into a Team Folder

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @kdominguez, thanks for using Dropbox and posting on our Community!

I'm afraid that you won't be able to turn this folder into a team folder with your current setup. 

You'll need to create a new team folder, copy or move the original folder's content, and then share it as needed. 

I would assume that your formulas could break in this case, so you may need to recreate them. 

I wish I had a better answer. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?