cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Dropbox desktop application to upload content

How to use the Dropbox desktop application to upload content

Csr
Explorer | Level 3

I’m a new Mac user. Can’t drag and drop from photo app to Dropbox nor can upload an album on my Mac to Dropbox using upload option within Dropbox app. Pls give me step by step directions.

3 Replies 3

Re: Moving Mac photos to dropbox

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Csr, I'd be more than happy to help!

Can you clarify if you're using the desktop app or the Website when trying to upload? 

It sounds like you're using the Website (since you mentioned the upload button), so it'd be a great idea for you to try a different browser or an incognito tab, to see if you still have issues uploading.

Can you try this, and let me know if the results are the same? 

Thanks!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Csr
Explorer | Level 3

Lori,

I won't be able to try to move phot files until Wednesday morning, but I'll let you know. I used the DB app on the Mac--I tried so many things, I honestly cannot tell you if I was ever just on the DB website...I don't think so. I think I tried only from the DB icon on the Mac.

The Mac belongs to a friend who I help with all her correspondence. She has had trouble for years with the same problem of moving photos to DB and has taken heat from the organization for whom she photographs. I thought it'd be so easy since I am a PC user and long-time paid user of DB. Not so.

I will try logging onto her DB account and see what happens. At least it's a different angle. But would trying putting the album on the desktop, opening the album, copying all photos in that album, and then trying to move to DB work? I'll try anything.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Csr, thanks for writing back to me with extra info!

Since you're using the Dropbox desktop application, then you need to keep in mind that your Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your hard drive, but with syncing features.

You can move or copy files into it, and they'll sync to the Dropbox servers and to any other computer linked to your account.

Take all the time you need trying this, and if anything comes up, I'm here.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Csr Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?