cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view ALL comments? Folder with hundreds of photos and client feedback.

How to view ALL comments? Folder with hundreds of photos and client feedback.

Explorer | Level 4

I have hundreds of photos sent to client, who is commenting on certain specific photos.

The only way I can see a list of their comments is in the desktop app dropdown menu, under Notifications.

However I don't know which picture they're commenting on, so I have to double-click the notification which pulls up the photo on the Dropbox website.

Is there another way to view the entire list of recent comments with contextual previews of what file the comments are on?

Using the dropdown menu's Notification panel isn't an ideal workflow, and I'm wishing I hadn't directed the client to provide feedback through Dropbox, as I have to do this weird clunky dance between dropdown app and browser, one comment at a time.

I searched and can't find another way, but maybe I'm missing something?

2 Replies 2

Re: How to view ALL comments? Folder with hundreds of photos and client feedback.

Dropboxer

Hi @davidterranova, thanks for messaging the Community!

Currently, there isn't an option to locate files with comments on them via the site or desktop app. This needs to be done manually for each file.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: How to view ALL comments? Folder with hundreds of photos and client feedback.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks @Jay.

Found someone already submitted this as an idea so I've bumped it up, however it only has 3 votes so I'm sharing here for whoever else is facing similar issues:

https:confused face:/www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/View-a-list-of-files-that-have-comments/idc-p/463571#M59...

VOTE!  (lol)

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?