Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to view info and details on folders

Explorer | Level 4

I had a large upload that took over 2 days.  Somewhere at the end, it failed, it's a main folder with many subfolders.  I thought if I could compare folder size and number of files I can identify which files did not upload, however, I do not see any possible way on dropbox to view that kind of info.  Can anyone advise where I can find this information?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to view info and details on folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Janie_V,

From what I understand, you're trying to calculate the size of folders and the number of files through the website, is that right?

If so, you can calculate the size of a folder by following the steps below:

1. Sign in.
  2. Select the Files tab.
  3. Click a column header at the top of the page and choose Size.
  4. Hover over the folder and click the check box on the left of the folder you’re interested in.
  5. Click the Calculate size option that's listed in the right sidebar.
  6. Wait for the size to be calculated.

Although there isn't a direct way to see how many files or subfolders are in a folder through the website, you can see how many items are included in a specific folder by selecting all (either by selecting the checkbox next to the Name column or by pressing Ctrl+A). You should be able to see how many items there are on the right side of your screen, above the Download button. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How to view info and details on folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Janie_V,

From what I understand, you're trying to calculate the size of folders and the number of files through the website, is that right?

If so, you can calculate the size of a folder by following the steps below:

1. Sign in.
  2. Select the Files tab.
  3. Click a column header at the top of the page and choose Size.
  4. Hover over the folder and click the check box on the left of the folder you’re interested in.
  5. Click the Calculate size option that's listed in the right sidebar.
  6. Wait for the size to be calculated.

Although there isn't a direct way to see how many files or subfolders are in a folder through the website, you can see how many items are included in a specific folder by selecting all (either by selecting the checkbox next to the Name column or by pressing Ctrl+A). You should be able to see how many items there are on the right side of your screen, above the Download button. 

I hope this helps to some extent, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?