cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hundreds of files and folders have disappeared (I deleted none of them)

Hundreds of files and folders have disappeared (I deleted none of them)

Cimic626
Explorer | Level 3

Hello All -- I really need help recovering hundreds of files and folders!

Over 10+ years, I have created many files and folders of work projects, class assignments/curricula/student exams and papers for classes I teach as well as legal and insurance documents I uploaded for safe keeping.

Now I can find only 5 files and hundreds and hundreds are gone!

I am happy to upgrade to a paid version to recover these files but I do not have any notices from Dropbox informing me to upgrade to a paid subscription in order to keep my files!

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: Hundreds of files and folders have disappeared (I deleted none of them)

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Cimic626 

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing? That will show where/when the files were and when they were removed. 

If they were then removed within 30 days you can restore via https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete, however, please note that if its over that time frame they are unrecoverable - paying for an upgrade only gives you increased restore options from date of purchase. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Hundreds of files and folders have disappeared (I deleted none of them)

Cimic626
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for the speedy reply, Mark!

Events section says “You have no activity yet”

Unless you have another suggestion, I will assume these valuable documents are lost...as is my confidence in the Dropbox product and leadership. As happens when companies do not serve customers’ best interests, this will not be the last time I talk about what has happened.

Thank you for your help, Mark!
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?