cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN'T DELETE 2 SHARED FOLDERS TO ME

I CAN'T DELETE 2 SHARED FOLDERS TO ME

luismenesesc
Explorer | Level 3

I need delete 2 folders that was shared to me almost a year ago and now they don't even exist, but the system don't let me. Why I can't choose which folder I keep in my Dropbox and which one doesn't.

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Screenshot 2021-03-16 11.17.00.jpg

3 Replies 3

Re: I CAN'T DELETE 2 SHARED FOLDERS TO ME

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @luismenesesc, I'd be happy to help with this!

These folders were added to your Dropbox account after enabling our computer backup.

They generally contain computer folders (like Downloads and Desktop) from the device outlined in their names, depending on the backup choices that were made. 

If you don't want to keep the contents, could you make sure that the computer from which they came from is not connected to your account?

You can check that by going to your Security tab

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

luismenesesc
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil, thank you for your quick respose. I stoped to sharing those folder from the original computer to my account since August 2020, and te operating system was re-installed in that computer and the files was deleted, but still I can't erase those folders from my dropbox account.
I think We should be able to decide if We still keep a shared folder to us or not. But the system don't allow to me to remove those folders.

Walter
Dropboxer

These are not shared folders @luismenesesc; rather folders you've backed up to Dropbox to have them synced with your account.

Could you find the device those folders are quoting in your account's security page and remove it from there?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?