cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally deleted all files

I accidentally deleted all files

New member | Level 2

Hey - I'm sorry if this has a solution somewhere else but i couldn't find it quickly and i'm worried about losing everything permanently.

I have a dropbox personal account.

So, I tried linking my dropbox account with a cloud storage system, and it deleted all of my dropbox files and folders.

I can see each individual folder in my recently deleted files, but there must be hundreds and hundreds of folders there, all deleted at the same time.

I tried ctrl clicking, shift click etc but can't see a way of restoring all at once, or even selecting a group - i can tick each individual folder but that is going to take forever.

Also, I didn't notice this until dropbox had synced all of my changes...

1 Reply 1

Re: I accidentally deleted all files

Dropboxer

Hi there @trunip190, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

It might be easier to restore the files through the events page here.

As the deletions would most likely be grouped together as an "event", you can check for actions showing "deleted x files", click on the event and then choose "restore" from the right side of the page.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?