cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe I have a virus in one of my Dropbox Files

Highlighted

I believe I have a virus in one of my Dropbox Files

Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to attach a dropbox file to my gmail account and email it to an employee. It is giving me a message that says "virus detected" and not allowing me to send. I am only having trouble with a specific "customer work order file"....all other files I can attach i.e. "expense sheet", "letters", "agreement" but NOT "work orders"....What can I do?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: I believe I have a virus in one of my Dropbox Files

Dropboxer

Hi there @AmyW1, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

In general, if your files were corrupted or renamed by ransomware, you can have a look at this article which suggests a few ways to tackle this issue. 

However, just to make sure that we're on the same page, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message that you get when you try to attach a file to your email?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for getting back with me. The message appears next to the attachment in red letters Virus detected!  Help (with the blue word Help next to it) and Gmail will NOT let me send it....Again, it is only in our "work orders" files...not any of the others. So, I can create the work order in dropbox but I can not attach it and send....

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @AmyW1, thanks for getting back to us here!

Can you let me know what file extension this file has? Eg. .docx or .pdf

Also, what size is this files? Is the size/file extension different from the other files that you're able to attach.

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?