cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can no longer download without getting a Failed-Network Error or The Network Connection was lost

I can no longer download without getting a Failed-Network Error or The Network Connection was lost

xj32
Explorer | Level 4

I cannot download a folder from Dropbox anymore big or small. If I am on Chrome I get Failed-Network Error, if I am on Firefox or Safari I get The Network Connection was lost. I have no firewall and no AV running. I am on Mac OS Catalina.

11 Replies 11

Re: I can no longer download without getting a Failed-Network Error or The Network Connection was lo

Yuikol
Collaborator | Level 8

What happens when you switch network connections? Like using your phone as a hot spot.

Re: I can no longer download without getting a Failed-Network Error or The Network Connection was lo

xj32
Explorer | Level 4

Unfortunately, I can't our Cell reception is so poor at our house we can barely check email on our phones, let alone use them as a hot spot. I did try downloading a file on my phone and also received a network connection error.

Yuikol
Collaborator | Level 8

What is your internet speed?

I recommend fast.com to get the Mbps result. 

xj32
Explorer | Level 4

Both Fast and speed test are saying 470mbps

xj32
Explorer | Level 4

And I just did a hard reset on the modem and router. No luck. Plus this ONLY happens with dropbox. Google Drive, Hightail and others are fine.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @xj32, sorry to be jumping in here, but could you double check for any security programs, firewalls or even browser extensions/plugins that could be causing this?

For instance, we had some reports from users who mentioned that BitDefender was causing issues lately. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xj32
Explorer | Level 4

Hey Walter, thanks.

I am running zero firewalls or security programs that I know of. Especially as I am haveing the issue in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @xj32, do you experience this on all devices on the same network connection? 

There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, or even ISP/router issues could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

xj32
Explorer | Level 4

I experience it on my iMac and iPhone. If its a a proxy, VPN, or even ISP/router issue, how do I solve that?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gicthus New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    xj32 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?