cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t access files through the iOS mobile app unless I'm on WiFi lately. Any ideas?

I can’t access files through the iOS mobile app unless I'm on WiFi lately. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2

I’ve been using Dropbox for years on a free account and never encountered this problem, but now unless I make my files available off-line, they will not load. I have to be on Wi-Fi 95% of the time to be able to access them. I have the most up-to-date version of Dropbox. I’m using an iPhone, and all other operations and apps on my phone which require Internet are functioning normally on cellular data.

What’s the deal? Is anyone else having this issue and did you find resolution, or can somebody tell me who to email for help?

5 Replies 5

Re: I can’t access files through the iOS mobile app unless I'm on WiFi lately. Any ideas?

Dropboxer

Hi there @Ncrejohnson, welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

As a first step, could you let me know if you're able to find the Dropbox mobile app as an option under your iOS's cellular settings?

Do you also by any chance have any pending updates on your OS?

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I can’t access files through the iOS mobile app unless I'm on WiFi lately. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2
Hey Lusil,

I have cellular data activated for Dropbox. I also have just updated my iOS but the problem persists

Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming that for me, @Ncrejohnson

In that case, it could be an issue with your cellular data, in which case, I'd recommend reaching out to your mobile service provider to investigate further.

In any case, let me know how it goes or if you have any additional questions, and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem on my Samsung Smart Phone.

I would like to repeat your qustion.

Dropboxer

Hey there @Birgitte M., thanks for joining this thread!

Can you let me know which version of the mobile app you have installed and the OS version of your device?

Also, just to clarify, do you have cellular data enabled for the Dropbox app in your device's settings?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?