cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't create the File Transfer on the site

Highlighted

I can't create the File Transfer on the site

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Dropbox,

I've used dropbox before, and sucuessfully created transfers - I know I'm following the instructions right.

I have added my files, but when I click "Create Transfer" - nothing happens except 'edit' is added to the endof the address bar.  The screen showing my added files remains.  For 20+ minutes now.
I've cancelled, tried to start fresh twice with files either dragged and dropped from my comp, OR from within my dropbox.  Same deal.  Why?  I need to create links and send them NOW, please help!

13 Replies 13
Highlighted

Re: I can't create the File Transfer on the site

Dropboxer

Hi @TMech, thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like the browser might be preventing the creation somehow. Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps?

Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately none of those things worked.   I tried them all except resetting my browser - which I'm not doing and losing all my bookmarks, tabs, etc., to 'maybe' solve a dropbox problem.

I've tried several more times on Explorer and Chrome, and when I click 'create transfer' a quick flash shows 'waiting for dropbox.com' at the bottom left of the screen... and then more nothing.

I had to send an embarassing series of emails with the files, but I'd still like to resolve this.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

So, just to clarify, you’re experiencing this on every single browser on your machine aside from Chrome?

You’ve also disabled all extensions and plugins in those browsers which could affect the functioning of the site, such as script removers and so on?

Have you tried using a different machine to see if this helps?

Are you able to right click a file in your Dropbox folder on your machine to create a transfer that way using the context menu?

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem in both IE and Chrome. Very unhelpful and frustrating.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @Penneymy, thanks for joining the discussion!

Can you let me know if you've also tried clearing your browser cache and using an incognito/private browsing window too?

If so, which version of those browsers are you using at the moment?

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Cleared cache on both chrome and safari on a windows and mac. Dropbox is still unable to create the transfer

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Nick1101, what error are you getting exactly when trying to create the transfer?

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Jay

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I'm also having this issue and I've been using Dropbox for months. All of sudden, I am unable to create a transfer. It allows me to select the files to upload, but when I click on "Create Transfer," it does nothing. The only thing that changes is the URL at the top. It will change to a long string of characters followed by /edit 

I've experienced this on several machines, accounts, and browsers. I've tried incognito, clearing data, but nothing has corrected the issue. My co-workers are also experieincing this issue.

The only way I am able to transfer now is to upload the files first into a folder, select them all, and then click "send with transfer." When I do this, it will create the transfer for me. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi there @ACowsOpinion, thanks for joining us on this discussion. 

Have you by any chance tried creating a transfer from another browser? 

Let us know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?