cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot Delete MY PC Folder

Highlighted

Re: How to remove/ delete my PC from dropbox account

Dropboxer

Hi there @victorgmy, @stefcalaf & @Pua F.; I'm sorry to jump in here.

It seems that you somehow enabled the computer backup feature at some point; could you take a look at the relevant documentation and let me know if that's the case?

I hope this helps to some extent. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: [help] What is the My PC (Desktop) folder that keeps getting created?

Explorer | Level 4

@Jay 

Sorry, I missed the email, and it's probably expired by now. I'm sorry for the inconvenience...
I'm setting a reminder to monitor my inbox over the coming week if you wouldn't mind sending a new one.  
Regarding the information that you'd like me to forward, are you referring to the screencasts I took?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Copperbad, I have emailed you again to your address. Please reply within this week with the screencasts in order to investigate the matter further. Thanks!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Awesome, thanks.
Responded to the email and sent the screencasts. 

Highlighted

Re: How to remove "MY PC" folder and sync

New member | Level 2

Hi,

In my case, i uninstalled the Dropbox desktop version so i am only using the web browser to access my files.

Earlier on before i uninstalled the desktop version, i think i did select the option to sync my desktop so right now most of my files are showing up and just taking up all my space. How do i remove this My PC so i can free up space.

Can i do this directly from the browser?

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: How to remove "MY PC" folder and sync

Dropboxer

Hi @inunoo, have you unlinked the computer from the devices page online?

If not, try doing so, and then see if you can delete the My PC folder from the Dropbox site.

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

This is similar to my issue. I am not sure how ALL the files on my computer got uploaded to dropbox but it happened. Now I am out of space and am being told I need to upgrade. I just want to go back to having the files on Dropbox that I share with co workers. When I try to delete any files from Dropbox I get a box that tells me the files will be deleted from my competer as well. I just want to delete them from Dropbox.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Farrier, have you tried disabling the computer backup from Dropbox using these steps

Afterwards, you can move the folders and files back to their previous locations on your machine, which will also delete them from the Dropbox account online.

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Jay,

Thanks for the response. It kinda worked, however when I go to remove My PC from my Dropbox files I am given a warning box saying that it will remove those files from all devices. Since I don't want to lose the files on my computer I am reluctant to say OK to that. Am I reading that wrong?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

The message that you mentioned, @Farrier, is referring to removing those files from the Dropbox folder on this computer and any other devices you're syncing to.

If you have any files still within the "My PC" folder, even after disabling the backup, I would suggest moving these files back to the original locations on your computer before deleting the folders though.

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?