cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't drag & drop from Dropbox to other app & I can't delete my files in bulk. Why?

Helpful | Level 6

Can I also ask how do I drag multiple photos from DP into my album. Just not psooible with the new DP, very frustrating

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Absolutely HATE the new Dropbox update

Helpful | Level 6

Jane, I have managed to find a solution by going to Finder, then DP. That allows me to move photos from DB direct to my albums and delete as one. So, it comes down for me not to use the DB app on my computer, rather use Finder

Thanks again

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

and, if I may ask how do I delete files in DP now/ Previosuly i could highlightthme all and add to bin, now impossible. Why please make it dificult if it worked fine before.....

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Roelb, I’m here to help!

I've moved your posts into a new thread, as it looks like you're asking about something different

It would be worth clarifying where your albums are located & how you’ve been editing them previously; please let me know of the steps that used to work for you in your next message if possible. You should still be able to move your files to the Bin, however I’d be interested in seeing why you’re unable to at the moment. 

Any detail &/or visual input (omitting personal info please) would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Jane, thanks for getting back to me. With the old DB I could drag curser across 10 or more photos and take them direct to my photo album on the Mac. Then I could highlight all those photos again, still in DB, and delete them as well in on ego

Now I have to delete one by one by dragging them to trash  as there is no dropdwon menue anymore to delete

Is there any way that I can stay on the old DB?

Thanks

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Jane, I have managed to find a solution by going to Finder, then DP. That allows me to move photos from DB direct to my albums and delete as one. So, it comes down for me not to use the DB app on my computer, rather use Finder

Thanks again

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
It’s great that you’ve now managed to have that squared away @Roelb!

Since you mentioned that you can’t multi-select items by dragging your cursor over them, I’m wondering if you’re working on the new desktop app. If so, you should be able to choose more than one file using the “Cmd+click” & drag & drop the files chosen to the Trash. 

Even so, if completing the action through the Finder is a convenient Solution, then you can continue with this option moving forward. 

Feel free to touch-base here should you have more questions for me however; I’m just a post away. 

Happy Friday!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Thanks Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?