cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open my files in Dropbox via dropbox.com, I can't edit them

When I open my files in Dropbox via dropbox.com, I can't edit them

Rikke H.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

When I open my files in Dropbox via dropbox.com, I can't edit them.... I don't get any message, but it seems they are converted into pdf files - when I had them on my Mac, they weren´t.
I just uploaded all files from my Mac, since they would not syncronice.. (thats another problem, which I believe has a solution I don't really understand from your explanation at the site.
Rikke

11 Replies 11

rob7c
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I'm having the same issue, 2 years later and still no solution dropbox?? Why cant I edit my files opened in pdf?? Back to one drive I guess..

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @rob7c, what error are you getting when editing your PDF files? Are you editing using the mobile app?

If you’re using Acrobat to edit, are the files being saved in the Dropbox folder? Are the files potential in a read-only shared folder, or have other read-only permissions applied to them perhaps be the OS?

Any info you can provide would be great!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Judy W.9 New member | Level 1
    Molly D.3 New member | Level 1
    William B.35 New member | Level 1
    Barbara C.11 New member | Level 1
    Gabriel B.7 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?